Now Accepting Applications!
If you prefer to pay your application fee by check, please click here for application
Twenty-five businesses will be accepted into the competition based on the judging of applications. There is a $35.00 non-refundable application fee due at the time of submission.
Late applications will not be accepted.
NOTE: No prior business plan needed to apply or compete.
- Be a business with a DBA registered in Tarrant County
- Be a resident of Tarrant County
- Annual revenue of no more than $500,000
Prior BAC clients, regardless of geographic location, that meet all other eligibility criteria may also apply.
- Past Winners
- City of Fort Worth employees
If chosen as a participant in the competition, you
will be asked to verify eligibility.
JUNE 27 - SEPTEMBER 25
- Four group training sessions
- Networking with participants
- Feedback from judges
- Counseling with FWBPC partners
(Top 10 Compete)
- Top ten competitors present business plan
- Receive feedback from judges
- Network with sponsors and community members
- Mentor and MBA Coach assigned to each finalist
- Prizes awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place
- Feedback from judges
- Finalist presentations at awards event
2017 BUSINESS PLAN COMPETITION PARTNERSHIP
We invite you to learn more about the great collaborations and opportunities for entrepreneurs, startups and social innovators in our community. There will be a Joint Information Session on Thursday, June 1st where attendees will learn details about the Fort Worth Business Plan Competition and the KERNEL program.
KERNEL, it’s social innovation program designed to fund new and innovative programs that can make a lasting impact in the community. KERNEL is designed as a cross-sector platform that brings nonprofits, entrepreneurs, startups, private, for profit companies and civic organizations together to create a unique solution to today’s most challenging social issues.
The FORT WORTH BUSINESS PLAN COMPETITION is designed to encourage small business owners to manage and operate their business according to a written plan; thus, having a positive impact on their bottom line as well as strengthening their ability to generate revenue and create jobs, all of which have a positive impact on our economy as a whole.
2017 BUSINESS PLAN COMPETITION SPONSORS
Founding & Presenting Sponsor
Pitch Night Sponsors